Institutional Research Center of Excellence
Optimize Your Research Administration, Compliance, and Operations
Strong research administration infrastructure is critical for success in today’s ever-growing research industry.
About Our Institutional Research Center of Excellence
Advarra Consulting takes pride in being a long-standing beacon of ethical guidance for the research community. We will help you develop, implement, and uphold research compliance and administrative practices in alignment with the federal regulations, state and local law, and industry best practices.
The Institutional Research COE empowers the research community to achieve excellence through:
- Facilitating shared responsibility for research and research compliance ethical conduct
- Supporting institutions, investigators, and research teams through process improvement, innovative technologies, and education
- Propagating best operational practices to maximize research activity efficiencies
Ensure regulatory compliance within clinical research programs
- Human research protection program (HRPP)
- Institutional review board (IRB)
- Institutional care and use committee (IACUC)
- Institutional biosafety committee (IBC)
- Conflict of interest (COI)
- 21 CFR Part 11 and computer system validation
- Export control/research security
- Research misconduct investigations
- HIPAA privacy and security rules
- EU general data protection regulation (GDPR)
Streamline and fortify the research architecture of your health system
- Data privacy practices management
- Data sharing and material transfer management
- Protocol and informed consent development
- Research administration revitalization
- Research technologies evaluation and implementation
- Policy/standard operating procedure gap analysis and development
Site level assistance with clinical trial operations
- Feasibility review
- Scientific review
- Regulatory assessment/assistance with IND/IDE applications
- Standard operating procedure development
- Study startup
- Study close out
Significant expertise when implementing compliant human research protection programs
- Staff augmentation
- HRPP health check
- Accreditation application support
- Policy/standard operating procedures gap analysis and development
- Training for investigators and other research staff
- Audit prep and communications with federal authorities
Cheryl Byers, MHA, CIP, CHRC
VP & Principal, Institutional Research CoE
Former IRB Director, Wake Forest University School of Medicine; Assistant VP Research Compliance, University of South Florida; and Director, Protocol Review & Monitoring Systems and Regulatory Affairs, Moffitt Cancer Center
A Snapshot of Our Institutional Expertise
Lisa Rooney, JD
Managing Director, Advarra Regulatory
David Babaian, JD, LLM, CIP, RAC
Associate Director, Advarra Regulatory
Jennifer Richards, MS, MBA, CCRP
Senior Consultant, Advarra Regulatory
Consultant, Advarra Regulatory
James Riddle, MCSE, CIP, CPIA, CRQM
Vice President, Advarra Research Services and Strategic Consulting
Vice President, Advarra Business Development, Institutional Services
Wendy Tate, PhD
Director of Research Operations, Advarra
Let Our Experience be Your Advantage
At Advarra Consulting, we are more than industry experts. We are former executives and practitioners. We are professionals with deep experience and a relentless focus for continuous improvement.
We understand your challenges and partner to deliver customized solutions to fit your unique needs. We know what it takes to build the infrastructure to establish, administer, and evolve compliant research programs. We stand ready to help you deliver.
Defining Decentralized Clinical Trials and Understanding Their Nuances
Decentralization is one arrow in the quiver to modernize clinical trials. Yet, owing to the varied approaches and possible components...
It’s important to understand decentralized clinical trials are not one-size fits-all and oftentimes a hybrid approach is necessary. Read our latest blog outlining what to consider when rolling out decentralized clinical trials across multiple jurisdictions where laws, technological uptake, and populations will vary.
FDA Inspection Readiness: Preparing for an Inspection
A Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspection of an investigational site can occur at any time, and preparation is critical...
Preparing for an FDA inspection and having a site-specific process for supporting a regulatory inspection is important. Learn more about how to prepare for an FDA inspection.
sIRB Review for Multicenter Research: A Guide for Institutions
Single IRB (sIRB) review for multicenter research is fast becoming the norm in the US. Initiative such as the NIH sIRB policy and revised Common Rule make it clear that ...